Top 10 Reason to live in Southern Utah
If you've ever visited Southern Utah, you have experienced the beauty and adventurous fun we're talking about. Two of our JAR developments - Zion Village Townhomes and Warner Gateway - are located right in the heart of Southern Utah, where you have access to some of the world's most renowned adventure destinations. With the option to rent or buy these units, you really can't go wrong. We put together our top 10 reasons to live in Southern Utah, whether you're looking for a place to raise a family, to purchase a second home, vacation rental, or future retirement spot, we are confident you will find what you're looking for.
1. The National Parks: People travel from all over the world to experience the beauty Southern Utah has to offer with all of its surrounding national parks. You have ZIONS NATIONAL PARK, ARCHES, CANYONLANDS, CAPITOL REEF, BRYCE CANYON, GLEN CANYON NATIONAL PARK (Lake Powell), RED CLIFFS, each a stunning destination on its own. Some of natures finest back drops can be found within these parks.
2. The State Parks: Not only is southern Utah full of National Parks, but it's also home to amazing state parks. Some of our favorites are SNOW CANYON, QUAIL CREEK RESERVOIR, SAND HOLLOW RESERVOIR, CORAL PINK SAND DUNES, ESCALANTE PETRIFIED FOREST, just to name a few. Each of these parks provides its own unique beauty and experience that will keep you coming back for more.
3. The Weather: If you're looking to escape the coldness of winter and a damp humid climate, Southern Utah is the perfect place to be. Soak up some warmth and vitamin D with an average of over 300 sunny days a year. This makes it the perfect place for year round outdoor adventuring. The area averages about Eight Inches of annual precipitation, which mostly occurs in late Summer and early spring. With an elevation of 2800 feet, Southern Utah’s climate is as perfect as they come.
4. Hiking: With all the National Parks, State Parks, and perfect weather, every day is a hiking day in Southern Utah! There are family friendly hikes, day hikes, or week long backpacking hikes. Some of our favorite hikes are the Golden Cathedral (a very neat rock formation located in the heart of the Grand Staircase - Escalante National Monument), Bryce Canyon (Navajo loop, Queens Garden Trail, Riggs Spring Loop, and Wall Street), The Narrows (Part of Zion National Park. Hike for miles in a river at the bottom of deep slot canyon surrounded by waterfalls, trees, natural springs, wildlife, beaches, and the incredible colors of the sandstone walls), The Subway (part of Zion National Park, cool off by walking in the river most of this hike and swim in the pools that are above the Subway), Delicate Arch, and Angels Landing (also part of Zion National Park, the views at the top are spectacular!).
5. Golf Courses: With golfing weather all year long, you will definitely find plenty of courses to choose from. Some of our favorites are Entrada at Snow Canyon, Sunbrook, The Ledges, Dixie Red Hills, Southgate, Bloomington Country Club, and Sunriver.
6. Mountain Biking: If you're looking for a great workout with an unforgettable view, and a side of adrenaline, mountain biking in Southern Utah has your name written all over it. Some of our favorite trails are Gooseberry mesa, Little Creek Mountain, Bearclaw Poppy, Hurricane Rim Trail, J.E.M. trail, and the Zen Trail.
7. Dirt Biking, ATV and off Roading: From Sand Dunes, to Red Rocks, to canyon trails, there is so much land to explore in Southern Utah. One of our favorites just an hour away from Zion Village and Warner Gateway is the Coral Pink Sand Dunes. Even closer, just 15 minutes away from Zion Village and Warner Gateway you have Sand Hollow Reservoir where you can find off road trails and cool off with a swim in the reservoir!
8. Rock Climbing and Bouldering: Southern Utah has so much to offer in the rock climbing and bouldering world. Whether you're new to the sport and looking for a new adventure, or an experienced climber, you'll find terrain to fit your needs. Some of our favorite places are Capital Reef, Bunker Creek, the Virgin River Gorge, and Zion National Park.
9. Close to the Airport: Conveniently fly to or from the St. George Regional Airport with connections all over the country. The airport is a short 10 minute care ride from Warner Gateway, and under 30 minutes from Zion Village.
10. Friendly Neighborhood: One thing you will notice while living down in Southern Utah is that you will be surrounded by some of the friendliest people. People are here because they want to be. They love nature and the extra dose of sunshine is sure to put a smile on anyones face. It is a great place to raise a family, explore on vacation, or retire. When choosing a place to wake up and live your life each day, why not choose somewhere as fabulous as Southern Utah!
For more information about Zion Village Townhome & Resort please call Ty Meyers at 435-773-0707
For more information about Warner Gateway please call Zach Ahleen at 435-879-1100 or Megan Ahleen at 435-879-1194